“By Various Playwrights starring Various Actors! Directed by Mimi McDonald and others! A fresh assortment of 10- minute plays – funnier and more thought-provoking than ever!” Red Barn Theatre, closes its 2014 theatre season with the wildly funny and ridiculously popular 2014 Edition of SHORT ATTENTION SPAN THEATRE: RANDOM ACTS OF COMEDY. Five directors, seven plays, and nine actors merge into one extraordinarily hilarious evening. Richard Grusin and the Red Barn McDonald family — Mimi, Gary, Jack and Amber McDonald Good direct the seven hilarious plays. Be prepared to hold your sides and gasp for air between laughs in:
- A previously unseen Silverstein piece, And Then From Out of the Wall –There Came…
- Playwriting 101: A Roof Top Lesson by award-winning Rick Orloff,
- Please Report Any Suspicious Activity by Rick Park about two gay dolphins in the park,
- Tall Order by Sheri Wilner, which answers the question when is a porkchop more than a porkchop?
- The extremely funny Funeral Parlor by Christopher Durang,
- The Gay Agenda by Paul Rudnick from Standing on Ceremony: The Gay Marriage Plays. A funny, thought-provoking short that opens up the conversation on why gay marriage matters.
- And a down-and-out Mothra tries to convince a casting agent he is worthy of a part in Mothra VS The Casting Agent: An Allegory by Tony Award-nominated writer David Bar Katz.
Random Acts of Comedy is proudly sponsored by the Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservancy. The show opens 8 pm May 6 and runs Tuesdays through Saturdays through May. Tickets are already selling fast. Call Red Barn Box Office at 305-296-9911 or go towww.redbarntheatre.com for tickets. Talk to the box office about group prices and the exceptional “Dinner and a Show” with special menus at the Pier House and The Hard Rock Cafe.